e/pop 4.5 by WiredRed
- by James Morris, IT Pro, June 2006
Detailed review of WiredRed e/pop (now renamed Nefsis). Most useful for readers with a high level of technical knowledge.
iChat AV 3.1.4 by Apple
- An "Expert Review" from Consumer Guide Products, Jan 2007
Basic, descriptive overview of iChat AV features.
iChat: Leopard first looks
- by Dan Frakes, MacWorld, Aug 2006
Describing features in iChat AV upgrade (expected Spring 2007) noting that screen
sharing and remote screen control capability make this application more useful for businesses, tech support,
and multimedia chat.
iChat Power Tips: Working Mac
- by Rob Griffiths, MacWorld, Nov 2005
Collection of tips for advanced/experienced iChat AV 3.0 users for maximal functionality.
iChat: Tiger introduces multi-person video conferences to iChat
- by Jason Snell, MacWorld, Apr 2005
Review of upgrades to iChat AV which include improvements in security and with managing buddy groups.
Some suggestions provided for optimizing video quality.
LifeSize Brings High-Definition Enterprise Videoconferencing to a Meeting
Room Near You
- by Al Sacco, CIO, July 2007
Review of LifeSize Room praising its pricing, portability and "plug and play" capability. Voice
quality and sound pick-up are also promoted.
- by Matthew D. Sarrel, PC Magazine, Nov 2006
Short review of LifeSize extolling picture quality, ease of setup, configuration and price.
LifeSize Room Ups Conferencing Ante
- eWeek, Oct 2006
Review of LifeSize describing basic features and applauding HD image quality, sound quality
and large conference room suitability.
ooVoo (beta) Review
- by Michael Muchmore, PC Magazine, Dec 2007
Detailed review of Oovoo describing its features and examining sound and video quality.
OpenMeetings Free Video Conferencing Software
- by Paul McGillivary, PaulTech Network, May 2008
Brief trial of Openmeetings describing some strengths and some problems.
- by Davis D. Janowski, PC Magazine, Mar 2007
Review of SightSpeed detailing new features. Version 6.0 awarded 'Editor's Choice' for improved
video quality, Windows and Mac compatibility, and new interface.
SightSpeed: The Best Voice/Video Conferencing Solution Around? And It's Free!
- by Benjamin Higginbotham, Technology Evangelist, May 2006
Very detailed review of SightSpeed including comparison chart with
Skype 3.0: Streamlined and Enhanced for the New Year
- by Joseph Moran, WinPlanet, Jan 2007
Very detailed description of Skype 3.0.
Skype 3.0 for Windows beta
- by Davis D. Janowski, PC Magazine, Nov 2006
In-depth review of Skype 3.0, including slideshow of features.
VBrick: Webcasting Made Simple
- by Michael Caton, eWeek, Jul 2006
Review of VBrick Systems VBCorpCast appliance noting relative affordability for a system with
features that fall between full-blown Webcasting and full-blown Web conferencing.